This privacy notice explains the types of personal data that Dingwall Fabrics collects, how we’ll handle it, how we will store it and how we will keep it safe.
This notice also tells you about your rights in relation to your personal data.
We really hope that this notice will answer any questions that you might have, but if not then please do get in touch with us.
Who we are
Dingwall Fabrics are a soft furnishings company based from its showroom in Edinburgh. We can be contacted in the following ways:
Post: 130 Morningside Road, Edinburgh, EH10 4BX
Phone: 0131 452 9104
Email: [email protected]
What personal data do we process?
Dingwall Fabrics collects, stores and uses information about;
- our employees and prospective employees;
- the employees of our suppliers; and
- the personal data of our customers to the extent that it is necessary to do so in order for us to provide our services.
As you would expect from Dingwall Fabrics, we deal with your personal data in a professional, fair and transparent manner and would never do anything with your personal data that you would not expect us to do.
Why do we process this personal data?
We have to process this data for a number of reasons:
- so that we are able to communicate with our customers, suppliers and staff regarding the services that we provide;
- we have a legitimate interest to process this information in order to keep providing our services and keep doing business;
- we have to process the personal data of our customers, suppliers and staff in order that we can fulfil our obligations under the performance of a contract; and
- we have to process personal data in order to comply with certain legal obligations
Who we share your personal data with
We will only ever share your personal data as it is necessary to provide you with the services that you receive from us or which you provide to us. This will only ever be with third parties that we trust and where we have ensured that the appropriate contractual arrangements are in place to ensure the security of data entrusted to them.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only hold your personal data for as long as necessary in order to provide you with our services. If we no longer have this relationship with you we will delete your data after one year.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data and can make a request to Dingwall Fabrics as a data subject. These rights are listed in brief below. A fee will not generally be charged for exercising any of these rights unless your requests are manifestly excessive.
- The right to request access information about the personal data Dingwall Fabrics is processing and to obtain a copy of it;
- The right to request Dingwall Fabrics to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- The right to request that Dingwall Fabrics erases or stops processing your data in certain circumstances; and
- The right to object to the processing of your data where Dingwall Fabrics is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any concerns about how your personal data is being processed, please contact us using the details listed above and we will do our utmost to address any concerns that you may have.
If you are still not happy then you can complain to the Information Commissioner. Contact details are available at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Dingwall Fabrics fully understand how important your personal data is to you and we take security seriously. We have appropriate operational and IT measures in place to ensure that your personal data is not lost, misused or stolen.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this privacy notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
Policy last updated 25th May 2018.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small pieces of information, which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website to recognise your device the next time you visit and remember some information about your browsing activity on the website. Most cookies won’t collect information that identifies you, and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use the websites, or a user’s general location.
We use analytics which set cookies to get information on site usage, popularity and how it is found for the purposes of improving the site.
- Other Cookies may be generated by third parties whose services we use within the site. Here is a list of the third party services in use:
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
To opt out of cookies, you can configure your browser to disable them. Find out how for your relevant browser:
- Chrome – View instructions
- Safari – View instructions
- Firefox – View instructions
- Internet Explorer – View instructions
- Mobile Internet Explorer – View instructions
- Mobile Safari – View instructions
- Blackberry – View instructions
- Android – View instructions
- Opera – View instructions
Please remember that if you do choose to block cookies, you may find that sections of our website or others simply do not work.
More detail on cookies is available at All About Cookies and how to disable then here.